Have you made your goals for the new year?
I have never been one to make 'resolutions' to me those are never permenant. I am not sure but whenever I set out to lose weight, quit smoking, or do something monumental on Jan the 1st it never stuck. Why? Because to make a change, a permenant one you need to first change your mind set. You need to want to change, you need to be so hungry for it that not having it will destroy you. That is when a change can and will happen, but most importantly, that is when change is forever.
So what do I do every Jan 1? I make a plan, because a goal without a plan is just a dream. I make a plan to set out and accomplish some things and I work my ass off every single day to hit all those goals. I start making plans for goals as soon as one is finished.
For example goal #1 is to run a 100 mile race. I knew I wanted to run a 100 miler before I even completed my 50 miler on Nov. 3. I just fell in love with ultra running in 2012 and the more I am around wonderful other inspirational ultra runners, the more I am inspired to keep going. So this plan was going on for the last 2 months ;)
- My first 100 miler, God willing, will be on June 14 at the First ever 100 mile race in Massachusetts! The TARC 100 I cannot wait! The Trail Animals are a great group of local ultra runners and I am proud to be a member :)
- I have quite a few 50Ks and a few 50 Milers I want to run too. My end goal is the Western States 100 so I want to keep working every year to qualify for it and enter the lottery. I am determined to get there one day.
- Clean up my nutrition even more. Again I started this the last few weeks in December. I have gone vegan. Not for moral reasons but for my health. I want to eat less chemicals, less processed foods, and even though I was not eating much, it is easier to do this when you are vegan. I have been gluten free for a few years but now this will make my nutrition even cleaner. I am already feeling more energetic and healthier since starting.
-Keep getting fitness certifications. Getting my ISSA Personal Training Certification was awesome, and now I want to pursue some more certifications. End goal? Become a registered dietician. I have a few more college courses to complete and I really really want to finish school once and for all and get this done.
- Start my book. I want to write, I love to write, and I just need to get better at carving out some time to do this and start my book. I want to share my story, I want to share the positivity and motivation I carry with me every day. I want to help people and I hope by sharing my story I can do this.
- Train and coach others. 2012 opened a lot of doors for me, it helped me see what I want to do long term. I want to really ramp up my online training and coaching for people and gain more clients here locally. So if I can keep doing that I will be happy :)
- Have fun. I had a lot of fun in 2012, but I want to have fun in 2013, more importantly I want to do it without guilt.
So I have mapped out a training plan obviously for the 100 miler it funnily enough kicked off on Dec. 31 and I have my first race of the year on Jan 5 a 50K in Toppsfield :) So I think I am off to a pretty good start with my running. I also signed up for 3 other Ultras before my big 100 miler yesterday! The trail animals have a series up here so I will be at a total of a few: Fatass 50K Feb 2, Tarc Spring Thaw a 6 hour race March 24, Tarc Spring Classic 50K on Apr 27 and even put my name in for the lottery for the Tarc Don't Run Boston on Apr 14 a 50K. I will be running the Boston Marathon on Apr 15 as well! And signing up for the Wacpack 50 miler in May. That is a lot of trail racing ;)
I am working on spreading the word about my personal training and coaching and also working on getting a few more certifications. I would love to get kettle bell and crossfit certified soon.
I applied to a new college whichhas a stronger nutrition program and am waiting to hear back from them.
I am ready. I am hungry for it, 2013 is going to be a good one!