- First and foremost on my calendar is to run a 50K in January. I want to be able to call myself an ultra marathoner. Why you ask? because in my heart of hearts I truly believe I am made to run distance races. It is hard, and I still keep going back for more. At the end of a long run I feel strong, I feel good. And the best part? I cannot wait to go out for more. So on January 28th I will set out to run the Cape Cod Frozen Fatass 50K, I mean who can resist a race with such a great name? ;)
- I want to run the Hyannis Marathon on February 26th and qualify for the Boston Marathon. I have a great tough training plan and I am really working hard on my running. Doing crazy mid week longer runs like 10 and 11 miles and working on my endurance. I only hope it is enough to get me to finish this marathon in under 3:35 After running Philadelphia in 3:46 it only made me hungrier for the ultimate glory of that BQ!
- Next in March I have the Half of Quincy with some friends. Depending on how I do in Hyannis will determine if I go for a new half PR or not. My current PR of 1:46 on a hilly course should not be too hard to beat on Quincy's flat course. I ran it last year in 1:48. I have to do better ;)
- Are you seeing a trend? I realized it last night, I want to run at least a half marathon or longer every month! Yep I am going for it this year. And in came the race I will run in April yesterday,
Boston Marathon this year!!!!!! I have been lucky enough to be chosen by the American Cancer Society to fund raise for them and run the race. I cannot wait to run this marathon in memory of my late Grandmother.
- I want to run a sub 20 5k as well in 2012, I am not giving up on this dream. I ran my first 5K ever back in September of 2010 in 29 minutes and was determined to do better and better each time. I earned a 5K PR of 21:04 in September of 2011 so now I will chip away at that time.
- I want to run a 50 mile race. Yes more ultra marathoning crazy talk!!!! ;) There is a 50 mile race in Vermont the Vermont 50 that happens in the fall and I have my sights set on running it.
- I will get to lifetime member status at Weight Watchers and share my story with them. I like the program it works so well for me so I hope to do more with them in 2012. And of course earn my lifetime member status.
- I want to celebrate life every single day. I feel like I have been given such a great gift and I want to share the enthusiasm for fitness and health with so many. I am determined to not give up on my dreams in 2012!
- I want to rekindle my relationship with God. I have not decided yet if I will blog about it or keep it to my personal life. But I will get back to going to church regularly and renew the faith that I have always carried in my heart.
- I will ask for help. This is last and most important. I spent a greater part of my journey trying to figure everything out on my own. I was obese and ashamed to tell people I was on a diet or trying to lose weight. I have learned this year that there are so many great people out there who have been through similar struggles that I have and who are willing to help. So if I fall which we all do sometimes I will reach up and ask for help. I have been blessed in 2011 to make so many awesome amazing friends along my journey and I hope to keep them close in 2012 and gain even more!
What are your goals for the new year?