You may or may not know Miss Donloree
She is one of the most positive people I have met in the virtual community of twitter and blogging. She is a strong dedicated woman who overcame obesity to become a figure competitor! She keeps me inspired and even on my hardest days I know she is there for help and motivation. Well she is running a fun new challenge for the next 12 weeks which is Fitmas. Read all about it and sign up with me!!
I just think its a great idea. I gladly am joining the fitmas journey!
For me my own personal goals will be a bit different from traditional ones.
1) First is my marathon. Yes I will be running my first official marathon on November 20 right smack dab in the middle of this challenge :) I do have a personal goal for this marathon. Now many people say just be happy to finish, you should not set a time goal especially for your first one. Well if you did not know me by now then you are learning, I do not follow the 'normal' guidelines for things ;) I make my own way, set my own goals and tackle them head on. With that being said I want to finish my first marathon in less than 4 hours.
2) Set a goal wait and move on. I have been teetering around setting goal weight based upon BMI or talking to my primary care physician and going from there. I have my annual physical Monday so it will be a perfect time to discuss and set it and move on. I am guessing it will be around 155. Not 100% sure. Currently I am weighing in at 155.8 so I am there.
3) Work on my inches and body fat %. I have come a long way but I would like to tweak it just a bit.
Date Bust/ Chest// waist/ hips/ thighs/ knees/ calves/ upper arm/ forearm
12/31/2010 37.5/ 35/ 31.5/ 35/ 22/ 16/ 16/ 11.5/ 10.5
2/23/2011 36.5/ 33.5/ 30/ 33/ 20.5/ 14.5/ 16/ 11/ 9
4/29/2011 36/ 34/ 30/ 33/ 20/ 14/ 16/ 12/ 9.5
7/9/2011 35/ 34/ 29/ 32/ 20.5/ 14/ 16/ 12/ 9.5
9/23/2011 35/ 34/ 31/ 33/ 20/ 14/ 16/ 12/ 9.5
My waist is all over the place! Well not literally but I like when it is 30 heck I loved 29 ;) So can I get back there please, that is part of fitmas for me. This also ties in with my body fat % right now it is right around 24% I want it to 19. I will be happy just to get under 20%.
4) Do 10 full pull ups!!! I can do about 4 half ones in a row before I die. I can hang for 30 seconds, I can do negative ones. But it plagues me that I still cannot bust out normal ones. I know I will get there I am just not patient ;)
5) Stay in marathon running shape. Kind of a concept I have been tossing around in my head all month. I am doing all this work to get ready to run a marathon, the race comes and then what is next? Yes I will rest for a few days but then what? I do not want to go through another 18 weeks of training before I can run another one. I want to be ready to run one whenever I want. So I plan to keep running daily and try to incorporate a long run 20+ miles into my routine once a month. I am hoping that will be enough.
That is all for now.
What are your goals for the next few months?