There is a great group of gals on twitter I recently found who are figure competitors and let me tell you they are some wonderful inspiring women. I have come accross so very many people online who inspire me everyday to be better and I am so happy I took my journey online and continue to meet others who are as passionate about health and fitness as I am!
So we are all posting the top 5 exercises we love to hate. For me there are a few exercises that really pain me to do each and every week but I do them because I love the results I get. That is what this post is all about.
5. Push ups. I remember a girl who could not do a push up to save her life! Then in came Jillian Michaels and in every single one of her workout videos there is some version of a push up. I used to have to do them on my knees. But I have fought and pretty hard I must admit to come to the day where now I can do 1 handed military style push ups! I love how push ups work my core muscles and keep them strong but I do hate doing them because it is something I always struggle to do.
4. Biking. I really wish I could learn to love it but for now it is one of those painful exercises which I have not mastered. I set a preliminary goal to become a triathlete next year so again this is one I will keep hating but I know I will love becoming a triathlete!
3. Chest press. Working the chest muscles for me did not start until about 3 months ago. I always avoided working solely the chest muscles because it was an exercise I did not like to do. For me chest presses and chest flies are the hard but I do love having a defined chest muscle. And the chest muscle helps burn more fat ;)
2. Squats. For me number 2 and 1 go hand in hand. The legs are hardest for me to work because it pushes me out of my comfort zone. It is not comfortable for me to squat and I keep adding weight to my workout so it makes me work even harder. But let's face it there is nothing like wearing a pair of jeans and having that nice pop ;)
1. Lunges. The leg workouts hurt. That is the bottom line for me is it bothers my knees and I am sore for 2-3 days after a good workout session focusing on legs and glutes. I push them hard because I know they can handle it. I want defined quad muscles and I want to run faster so I love the effects of these types of workouts.
At the end of the day there are just some exercises that you hate to do but keep doing because when you look in the mirror and see results it makes it all worth all the sweat and tears in the gym!
What are your top 5 love to hate exercises?
Visit the healthy ladies who blogged about it with me tonight!
Donloree – http://www.bikiniorbust.com/
Kari – http://www.figuregirlworld.com/
Dawn — http://www.bareitallfitness.com/
Jen — http://jenklimek.wordpress.com
Alli — http://wholesomefitness.wordpress.com/
Liz — http://4amaven.wordpress.com/
Tiffany — http://passlakeprincess.wordpress.com/